- 2 cans of garbonzo beans (chic peas)
- Half Cup of Grated Cheese
- Pepper & salt to taste
- Half a cup of water
- Two cloves of garlic
- One half onion
- 1/8 stick of butter
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach leaves or bay leaves (shredded)
- Olive oil
- Handful of capers (if wanted)
In a Deep frying pan, fry up olive oil, pressed garlic and onion.
Add garbonzo beans (save liquid it was stored in). heat for an
additional 5-7 minutes.
Shred up baby spinach leaves; add to frying pan. Add 1/8 stick of
butter (this item can be left out, I do), after butter is melted,
add the two cans of liquid that the garbonzos were stored in plus
another 1/2 cup of water.
Add 1/2 cup of grated cheese (or more, I like mine cheesy) Add
capers (if you donŐt like them, you donŐt have to add these great
Bring to a boil, while stirring intermittently then let simmer for
Tada! ItŐs done
- Crackers, you just cant go wrong with these puppies -It is possible
to add brown rice or even Pasta (elbows work great) after its done to
make it heartier.
- Twice toasted bread is perfect for dipping -A small can of crushed
tomatoes can be added instead of the 1/2 cup of water
- Other vegetables can be added. (The greens ones are best), such as
Brussels sprouts and artichoke hearts or even lentils. -Cheese lovers
can add a sizable chunk of blue cheese for flavor and added creaminess
- Instead of grated cheese, you can use nutritional yeast or vegan
friendly grated product
This meal is easily customizable, have fun and try new ideas with
this base soup.